Dear Awbrey Park Families,
The weather is certainly interesting this year. Full of surprises that don’t seem to end. Our plan is to have our PRIDE Assembly on Friday at 10:30.
Awbrey Park is 50!!!
Awbrey Park is celebrating our 50th anniversary this year. The school opened in 1967. The round school that is built like a flyer saucer has undergone many changes over the years. The one thing that has not changed is the great students, families, and staff that have walked through these halls. The sense of community at this school is astounding. We want to celebrate our school by inviting students, staff and parents past or present to join us in a celebration on January 26 from 5:00-7:00. This will be a night of food, music, photographs, and seeing what it was like 50 years ago. Students will work on class projects to show the differences between now and then. Our hope is to give students a perspective of the changes we have undergone in the last 50 years.
- We will cut a ceremonial 50th anniversary cake at 6:00
- We will also have a Chili Dinner Feed—Free to all families.
- Musical entertainment will be provided by students and community groups. Students will perform. We will also have a couple of live bands.
- Optional Family photos. Families can have a family portrait taken by a couple of professional photographer. Families will later get a 5” by 7” portrait. We will also display these photos in our school. We all know how difficult it is to get a family portrait done. We always want to do it, but it is difficult to arrange.
This is a relaxed event where families can come and eat, listen to fun music, check out some great student poetry, and perhaps get your family portrait taken. We will be sending a RSVP in the Monday Mailer next week so that we can make sure we have enough food. It will actually come out Tuesday, since we don’t have school because of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on January 16.
School Choice Season is here–This is where families can check out schools in the district. Awbrey Park will hold its School Choice tours on January 23 from 6-7 pm and on February 22 from 12-1 pm. If these times don’t work, please contact the office. If you have a neighbor or friend who is interested in attending Awbrey Park next year, please let them know about our upcoming tours.
Also, if you moved out of our attendance area and want to continue to attend Awbrey Park, you must fill out the School Choice form. It is critical that you do so.
Come see what our schools offer!
In Eugene School District 4J, every school offers an excellent education for our students. Students may enroll in their neighborhood school at any time, or request enrollment in a different 4J school, provided there is a place available. Requests will be accepted in an order determined by lottery. To be included in the lottery, 4J residents must apply between Tuesday, January 3 and Tuesday, February 28 at 5 p.m. Non-district residents must apply between Wednesday, March 1 and Saturday, April 1 at 5 p.m.
If you have any friends or family members who are considering school choice, please invite them to come learn more about our school and their school choice options!
Elementary School Showcase
Saturday, Jan. 21, 9 a.m.–12 noon
4J Education Center, 200 N. Monroe St.
- One-stop opportunity to learn all about your school choice options:
- Learn about the school choice process (multiple information sessions offered)
- Sign up for school visits
- Talk with representatives from every 4J elementary school
School Visitation Weeks District-Wide
Monday, Jan. 23–Friday, Jan. 27
Tuesday, Feb. 21–Friday, Feb. 24
- Visit your neighborhood school—and more!
- Schools offer tours, open houses and more
Please phone ahead or check the schedule of each school’s activities
School Choice District-Wide Information Meetings
Tuesday, Jan. 17, 7–8 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 21, 9 a.m.–12 p.m. (during the School Showcase)
Thursday, Feb. 16, 7–8 p.m.
Get answers about the school choice process
No school on January 16 because the of the Martin Luther King Jr. day which is a federal holiday.
Awbrey Park Elementary School
Eugene, OR 97404